Xtreme FusionFall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FusionFall Home Of Legends

HomeHomeGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog inXFF 13+
Welcome to the Xtreme FusionFall Forum, new members are always welcome. Surprised
Check out the Website:
                    Xtreme-FusionFall.yolasite.com
No real email is required to join. If you do use a fake email, make sure it's hard to guess to prevent hacking. A real email will allow you to retrieve your account in the possible event that you forget your password. Any questions are welcome. Very Happy
Gallery
Exams I dun like them Empty
Social bookmarking

For 13 years of age and up.

We have our own skype group.
It is only for those that are in the +13 Confidential group.

FusionFall Fan Sites
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Latest topics
» OpenFusion (FusionFall) Install Tutorial
Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» Adventure Rock (CBBC) - Game similar to FusionFall
Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» OpenFusion (FusionFall Server Demo)
Exams I dun like them EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Do we have a Discord?
Exams I dun like them EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm by supercody

» There are lies in here. And some artwork.
Exams I dun like them EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Xtreme Facelift coming......eventually
Exams I dun like them EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:25 am by Tentegen

» Palette Pics
Exams I dun like them EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 am by BeccaNighteon

» Been a while huh?
Exams I dun like them EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am by Tentegen

» Retro's Easter Event
Exams I dun like them EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 am by Oli Zombieweasel

Share | 

Exams I dun like them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kisura
Kisura

FusionFall Name : TheFierceTitan
Level : 21
Male Posts : 182
FF Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I hate exams they take way to long to study for.... The only fun exam was Japanese which I aced so.. Watashi no suki wa nihongo desu!! I think I said it right... I said I love Japanese in Japanese
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/theroboticcreeper

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

FusionFall Name : Grim Luciusrockets, Zak Leeaura, Spike Amberblade
Male Posts : 524

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:12 am

Why does your signature say Kisuuu when your name is Kisura?
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

FusionFall Name : The Cypher
Level : 0
Male Posts : 3182
FF Location : The Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am

@Sud: Why does your signature say stuff that you want when probably no one is going to give them to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am

Undead Brad wrote:
@Sud: Why does your signature say stuff that you want when probably no one is going to give them to you?

lol, and why is the grass green, or the sky blue :O lol jk
Back to top Go down

Among The Angry

Among The Angry
S. Angry Ray
S. Angry Ray

Male Posts : 2821
FF Location : DC Universe Online

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:19 am

why is the grass green? :O lol jk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperAngryrex?feature=mhee

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 am

grumpythesheep wrote:
Undead Brad wrote:

lol, and why is the grass green, or the sky blue :O lol jk
To your question about why the sky is blue: The atmosphere is the mixture of gas molecules and other materials surrounding the earth. It is made mostly of the gases nitrogen (78%), and oxygen (21%). Argon gas and water (in the form of vapor, droplets and ice crystals) are the next most common things. There are also small amounts of other gases, plus many small solid particles, like dust, soot and ashes, pollen, and salt from the oceans.

The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white.

Last edited by Undead Brad on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 am

Undead Brad wrote:
The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white.

Lol you just couldn't let the joke go.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 am

The sky is green, Brad?
Back to top Go down

Hunter

Hunter
Dane Dweller
Dane Dweller

FusionFall Name : Dane Dweller
Level : 22
Male Posts : 1976
FF Location : Everywhere...

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 am

Ryuga wrote:
why is the grass green? :O lol jk
Simply answer, green is green, and blue is blue, see Brad, you don't need a whole theory when the answer is so easy! Lol2
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 am

SUDoKu wrote:
The sky is green, Brad?
Some days it can be. And to why the grass is green:
Chlorophyll
Firstly grass is green because plants use light from the sun to make food. This is called photosynthesis and uses a chemical called chlorophyll that looks green. It stores light from the sun and transfers the energy into chemical reactions that eventually produce sugar. Photosynthesis can be written like this:

Water + Carbon Dioxide — light –> Oxygen + Sugar

If you just mixed lots of water and carbon dioxide together nothing would happen – otherwise we would have sugar falling from the sky! But chlorophyll helps the reaction, giving us oxygen to breathe and energy from sugar. This is why plants are so important – without them we wouldn’t be able to breathe or have anything to eat.
Exams I dun like them Chloroplasts
In this photo you can see the little round chloroplasts where the chlorophyll is.

Why is it green?

We see because of light bouncing off things and getting into our eyes, the colour that bounces off is what it looks like. Chlorophyll looks green because it stores the red and blue light and bounces off the green and yellow light which go to our eyes. However this doesn’t make much sense – most of the light from the sun is yellow and green! So plants aren’t even touching most of the light they receive.

We don’t really know why this is. Apart from a few communities in the deep ocean and purple bacteria, all life on earth depends on chlorophyll and photosynthesis. So if something came along that was more efficient it would have had a good chance of taking over because it would have had more energy and could grow faster, pushing out the inefficient chlorophyll. This hasn’t happened in billions of years, so there must be a very good reason plants use chlorophyll.

The best guess is that chlorophyll is so good at storing and transferring light energy that this makes up for only being able to use a little bit of it, and molecules that store the abundant green and yellow light aren’t very good at it. This leads to an exciting idea. Maybe chlorophyll is unique – maybe it is absolutely the best molecule so if you are going to get energy from light you almost have to use it. In that case, maybe it is being used by living things in other solar systems too. What’s really exciting is that we can look for chlorophyll and it’s product, oxygen, on other planets. Looking at the light coming from stars with very special telescopes we can tell what is there because of the light that is being used and the light that is bouncing off, exactly the same as our eyes do on earth. We have already found over 500 planets in other star systems and are getting to the stage where we can detect them directly, it may not be too long before we can look for chlorophyll on other planets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:28 am

As if school wasn't enough, this guy had to go into science, who are you trying to impress brad?
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 am

Brad...woah. My mind is over there, and over there, and some of it's over there.
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 am

grumpythesheep wrote:
As if school wasn't enough, this guy had to go into science, who are you trying to impress brad?
I'm trying to impress myself because Science is my best subject! I have my science notebook and science notes right in front of me which I bought the notebook and made my own notes.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 am

But in all seriousness, why Kisura Please answer my question.
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 am

SUDoKu wrote:
He's not online.

Last edited by Undead Brad on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:33 am

SUDoKu wrote:

He's still learning, I'm sure it's just a typo. big deal.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

Not online? ##...
And Grumpy, I'm still learning too. I'm not even sure that the second symbol is su!

EDIT: Wait, I can't say ##?
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 am

SUDoKu wrote:
Not online? ##...
And Grumpy, I'm still learning too. I'm not even sure that the second symbol is su!

EDIT: Wait, I can't say ##
No because its swearing
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 am

X is the strictest person I've ever met. I mean come on, words people use in general conversation can't be said... I should test what words CAN be said!
Back to top Go down

Undead Brad

Undead Brad
Undead Brad
Undead Brad

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 am

SUDoKu wrote:
X is the strictest person I've ever met. I mean come on, words people use in general conversation can't be said... I should test what words CAN be said!
You don't like, don't come on here. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Level : 36
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:43 am

SUDoKu wrote:

I dunno... ever seen my French teacher in Year 10?

Man, I'm glad we got a new French teacher in Year 11! I like that guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 am

SUDoKu wrote:

Yeh I know, words are just words, but there just is no reasoning, worst part is all kids already know how to curse nowadays, due to school, movies, tv, and being on the internet, but yeh, X wants to be mature or something. I think of it as an old man kind of reaction.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 am

Stan Lee wrote:
You don't like, don't come on here. Nuff said.
No, you guys are my friends. I wouldn't ditch you over something so silly.

GrumpyZooZoo wrote:
Yeh I know, words are just words, but there just
is no reasoning, worst part is all kids already know how to curse
nowadays, due to school, movies, tv, and being on the internet, but
yeh, X wants to be mature or something. I think of it as an old man
kind of reaction.
Don't blame Movies, TV and Internet. It's the parents and how they grew up. Not pop culture, that's just a safe zone that child defenders jump to when they hear a child swear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 am

SUDoKu wrote:

Don't blame Movies, TV and Internet. It's the parents and how they grew up. Not pop culture, that's just a safe zone that child defenders jump to when they hear a child swear.

oh I wasn't blaming it, I was giving an example of wherer kids learn all this, everyone's gonna learn it at a young age anyways.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:10 am

I learned every swear word I know from my parents and hearing them say it when I was growing up. I doubt any child learn swear words from pop cukture anymore, being raised by 16 year old girls who want to get on MTV.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 am

I just learned from kids in school. And SUD, not EVERY 16 year old girl wants to get on MTV. My crush doesn't. Or maybe she does... I dunno.
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 am

A shocking amount do (it was just an example). And it's mainly if they're pregnant.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 am

Probably in America. Here, some of them want to get on X Factor. I hate that show. Partly cause it stopped Top Gear from airing this year. Top Gear's a MAN show, not a show about people who can't sing! Rant
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 am

Top Gear is pretty good. And you're European, right? Wow, cultures are very different. Over here, we know barely ANY 16 year old pregnant girls. Over here, girls actually KNOW about contraception AND use it.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 am

SUDoKu wrote:
Top Gear is pretty good. And you're European, right? Wow, cultures are very different. Over here, we know barely ANY 16 year old pregnant girls. Over here, girls actually KNOW about contraception AND use it.

English/Scottish, to be precise. And I barely know any either. Then again, I'm not exactly a hit with the ladies. :sigh:
Back to top Go down

RETIRED Administrator

RETIRED Administrator
XLR8 147
XLR8 147

FusionFall Name : XLR8 147 + IRON 147
Male Posts : 5882
FF Location : Sector V [Future :D]

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 pm

@SuDoKu, no but you can (if you must) use
"darn".

And I'm not really strict, am I?
Exams I dun like them House-disbelief-600x420

And anyway, do they allow swearing on the official Cartoon Network forum?
Nope. Are you going to take it up with them? Lol probably not.
It's a case of responsibility.
This forum is after all, based on a 10+ game from Cartoon Network. (A children's channel.)
I hope you understand.
The strange thing is, (I think) I remember you complaining about this months ago
and I gave you a similar answer. (Or was that another member?....)
Anyway, some children may know swear words but being encouraged to
swear due to a forum isn't going to help Xtreme's reputation and such.
Things would be even worse if every website just decided to include profanity in every other paragraph.
I'm not sure how education works in the U.S. but here, (according to my experience anyway)
primary school (I think the American equivalent is elementary school?)
hardly any child swore at all due to teachers not allowing such language. (Which is great...)
Then in secondary school (high school??) a lot of kids started to
swear on a regular basis because that rule wasn't enforced as much since teachers kind of assume
it doesn't matter at that age (11-16yrs) and that they're mature enough or something.
And in college/sixth form, (the end part of high school? Sorry don't know.) well....it's hardly a rule.
Well, not that I've read my college's rules but hardly anyone enforces that rule at all.

It's just the right thing to do.
Exams I dun like them Salute-s318x304-173136-580
Back to top Go down
http://xtreme-fusionfall.yolasite.com https://www.youtube.com/xtremexdude

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exams I dun like them   Exams I dun like them Empty

Back to top Go down

Exams I dun like them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum