Xtreme FusionFall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FusionFall Home Of Legends

HomeHomeGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog inXFF 13+
Welcome to the Xtreme FusionFall Forum, new members are always welcome. Surprised
Check out the Website:
                    Xtreme-FusionFall.yolasite.com
No real email is required to join. If you do use a fake email, make sure it's hard to guess to prevent hacking. A real email will allow you to retrieve your account in the possible event that you forget your password. Any questions are welcome. Very Happy
Gallery
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? Empty
Social bookmarking

For 13 years of age and up.

We have our own skype group.
It is only for those that are in the +13 Confidential group.

FusionFall Fan Sites
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Latest topics
» OpenFusion (FusionFall) Install Tutorial
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» Adventure Rock (CBBC) - Game similar to FusionFall
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» OpenFusion (FusionFall Server Demo)
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Do we have a Discord?
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm by supercody

» There are lies in here. And some artwork.
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Xtreme Facelift coming......eventually
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:25 am by Tentegen

» Palette Pics
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 am by BeccaNighteon

» Been a while huh?
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am by Tentegen

» Retro's Easter Event
Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 am by Oli Zombieweasel

Share | 

Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

CaptainSaminater
CaptainSaminater

Level : 0

PostSubject: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Has anyone talked to Sinister or any of the other mods? What exactly happened? Is there any hope of the game returning one day? Or maybe a game to replace it on a better engine?
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Level : 36
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Simple. Disney said that they were closing down Toontown and PotCO on August 20th, we didn't learn about it until the 22nd, the next day, we noticed the game was down for maintenance, I said on my site I hoped they wouldn't close down the game, CN then said they were closing down the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

Male Posts : 456

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:52 am

I've talked with Chris Waldron, Jeff Riggall, and Rob Knopf, all fairly high ups over at CN games, and though they legitimately did NOT want to see the game finally be shut down, especially Chris, the project was finished with, and kind of mess internally. Unity was really new when the game was first published, and they couldn't even update it or the coding without a ton of hassle on their part. There were still random OutOfMemory Exceptions, and plenty of unfortunate errors they couldn't take care of without months of hard-pressed work, which they didn't have the time or money for.

I would say FusionFall is still in their minds, as FusionFall Heroes, though somewhat hastily slapped onto an unrelated project, is proof enough. Could FusionFall or something similar come back? Likely not, but we may see more spin-off games in the future. If there becomes any kind of solid support (50,000+ individuals) for a remake or sequel for FusionFall, I might venture to say that they may address the want. I would say all of this, if any, is far down the road, and again, just a possible scenario. I'm sure there are a few other restricting reasons they aren't allowed to disclose that led to the closing of FusionFall.
Back to top Go down

Elite Warrior

Elite Warrior
Ace Meteor Cometshark
Ace Meteor Cometshark

FusionFall Name : Ace Cometshark
Male Posts : 1978
FF Location : Sector V

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 am

So is there anything WE can do to help?
Back to top Go down
http://FusionFallFlames.yolasite.com

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:05 am

A post from Ty that wasn't soul-crushing... You ok, man?

I am expecting some sort of remake, whether it be with Unity, or not. PC or console (Or both, if they can). I mean, look at Zelda. 1998, Ocarina of Time came out for the N64. 2011, OoT 3D for 3DS.

Ok, not the best of examples, but that's the only thing I can come up with. Just shows that some of the best games a company has made don't usually escape their minds easily.

If they DO remake it, I'd like to see voice-acting for ALL missions (I actually liked it. And there are some parts I loved. Would be tough for Chowder, as his VA grew up, and Eddy, as his VA apparently retired), more NPCs, maybe a better Character Creation...

Maybe like DCUO NPC-wise. Oh, and also make Dexter's Wrench visible. It was perfect before Dexlabs Upgrade 1. And maybe some of Ty's ideas, like the hair salon.
Back to top Go down

Elite Warrior

Elite Warrior
Ace Meteor Cometshark
Ace Meteor Cometshark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 am

Ur rite Oli yhat wasnt soul-crushing
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:13 am

I wouldn't expect a remake, and voice work for every mission would more than quadruple the download size and time if you want any kind of quality.
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

FusionFall Name : Jazz "Mau" Taluring
Level : 21
Female Posts : 6296
FF Location : Sustained Panic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 am

We keep the faith here. Most of the people that gave up on the game already left the forum........or the community in general. But we still come back every so often. Glad wilt still shows up here. He's always been at the forefront of news on FusionFall.

Also glad he's gotten better with his posts too.Happy2

What OZw is getting at is probably the fact that KingsIsle has done this with w101. They have EVERYTHING voiced in that game. Its brutally scary the amount of effort they cared to put into that aspect.

Well..........

Can I suggest Kickstarter?
For those not in the know, Its a website that allows people to host up projects and other people browsing them can contribute some money to their cause if they like it.

Its just an Idea so dont bite my head off............but we could probably get in contact with the Lead Director/Development Team and ask if the fans were to come together and raise the money necessary, would they go back and start development on a FusionFall that the fans have been waiting for.

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfalltagforce.webs.com/

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 am

Do you really think that some amount of money is just suddenly gonna make a dev team appear though? The staff of CN Games is working hard on other, newer projects, particularly ones the numbers show will be hits. They need steady income, not some couple hundred dollars at the most. I honestly don't think a kickstarter to help FusionFall would even mass that much.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

*Undelos tells Ty not to bite her head off*
*Ty bites her head off*

It was only a matter of time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:03 pm

seemed like a normal comment to me, who would actually give money? Most of the people who know about ff or want it back are all kids and teens who couldn't pay 10 dollars a month, though I don't get why everyone wants it back, even if it was brought back, what if they just leave the game the way it was, you'd all get bored and stop playing for a month, again.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I never left. There's always at least person who's still loyal to a game. Ok, so I did leave for a month or two, but still. I guess it depends on WHERE they leave it off.
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Never left either. Neutral 

I was actually the one trying to CONSTANTLY make going in game fun again.
Figured if the House Dev team wasn't gonna Deliver, then the Fans can.

@Wilt: It's a better Idea than anyone else has came up with. Its also the most reasonable and most probable.
A company like CN isnt gonna work on something out of the goodness of their hearts. Hypothetically speaking, If we were to gather a mass of fans and pool in a grand total of 50,000 dollars (HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING) The gesture would not be just to show a flash of money.
This would show that fans, some of which would be the older generation like yours truly....because we have actual income...love this game and the nostalgia that it grants so much that they would be willing to offer up such a grand total of money.

Its happened with Ultima....I just figured it could be possible with just about anything..............given the perfect circumstances.

AGAIN. Wasnt serious about the idea. It was just an Idea.
Unless it were to gain steam...
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am

Well sure, if we even managed to gather 50,000 fans to sign some internet petition, they would likely look our direction, but I was saying, as you acknowledged, that the numbers aren't there.
Back to top Go down

Hunter

Hunter
Dane Dweller
Dane Dweller

FusionFall Name : Dane Dweller
Level : 22
Male Posts : 1976
FF Location : Everywhere...

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 am

Thank you Wilt, king of the kill joys Seriously
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:52 am

Dane Dweller wrote:
I wouldn't say he was a killjoy in his last post... Maybe in his 2nd on this thread. And most of his others on other threads.
Back to top Go down

Hunter

Hunter
Dane Dweller
Dane Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 am

Oliver Zombieweasel wrote:
Dane Dweller wrote:
I wouldn't say he was a killjoy in his last post... Maybe in his 2nd on this thread. And most of his others on other threads.
That's because he's Wilt, mister statistics, and "I've talked with the FF crew" guy LIES
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:57 am

You guys always misconstrue what I'm saying. I don't put things bluntly just to knock down all your dreams, I just put things into perspective. There are tons of false hope and ideas around here, and anywhere really, that say things will get better based on reason X, being some nonsensical, non-researched idea. None of them have yet to come true.

And I most certainly do not think I'm better than anyone here, especially just because I wasted hundreds of hours of hard research for a game that doesn't exist anymore, or because I've contacted the devs.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:59 am

Dane Dweller wrote:
Dane Dweller wrote:
That's because he's Wilt, mister statistics, and "I've talked with the FF crew" guy LIES
That's cause you're a villain. No villain wants details, just results. Ok, so I get bored when reading stats, too. No Idea

@Wilt: No, we just have a better attitude towards stuff. We're ambitious, but not dangerously ambitious. Remember: No one wants to be a Squidward.

D'oh! Wrong analogy...
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:04 am

I would say you ARE dangerously ambitious. As I said earlier, there's an awful lot of blind comments with nothing to back them up.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am

Wilttilt wrote:
I would say you ARE dangerously ambitious. As I said earlier, there's an awful lot of blind comments with nothing to back them up.
Name one, Aquazon! Name one... LIES 
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 am

Wilttilt wrote:
Well sure, if we even managed to gather 50,000 fans to sign some internet petition, they would likely look our direction, but I was saying, as you acknowledged, that the numbers aren't there.
Yep. Think 

There in lies the problem.

You know, I'm sure back when FusionFall was first started, I'm sure alot of nostalgia driven fans with cash would have definitely contributed. Seeing as how their old favorite characters were being brought back to life in this massively online multiplaying game, alot would have even consisted of the same ammount of older members that w101 pulls in.

Too bad they're not around anymore. We couldnt even strike up interest even if we wanted to seeing as how that older audience is no longer looking this way anymore.

And they're the audience we would need to attract; older potential players → with cash.

Of course,
That in itself would make an odd situation:

FusionFall was meant for kids . . . . . . . but yet an' still, the petition would consist of 14 - 28 year old donors!Troll Face 

Funniest situation evar!

CN after seeing such an outstanding turnout. . . .from odd sort of fans:
No Idea  "Whaddo we do lol? Its for kids. . . . . but older people are asking for it..."

Jokes aside,

We'll keep this idea on the back burner since its such an uphill fight. Its the only probable solution to this kind of conundrum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:29 am

man this made me want to slap both of you, (oliver and dane)

I don't see why you keep lashing out at wilt all the time, it's really getting tiring to read, I'm surprised wilt hasn't said anything about it earlier, or if he did it was long ago.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:31 am

Marcelo Arias wrote:

I don't see why you keep lashing out at wilt all the time, it's really getting tiring to read, I'm surprised wilt hasn't said anything about it earlier, or if he did it was long ago.
We're just saying that he needs to lighten up. There's only one person I can trust with that attitude; Batman.
Back to top Go down

Hunter

Hunter
Dane Dweller
Dane Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:55 am

Marcelo Arias wrote:

We're just saying that he needs to lighten up. There's only one person I can trust with that attitude; Batman.
Yeah, what Oli said, I mean, my god he can turn the happiest kid into the most depressing soul in the world Seriously
Back to top Go down

Dragoon

Dragoon
Dragoongamer86
Dragoongamer86

FusionFall Name : Zane Sunboskov
Male Posts : 4292
FF Location : The little secluded island in Bravo Beach thinking

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 am

you guys should see the Wiki, if Ty just stepped in it would be like

"Rawrgh! Facts and Figures! I've spoken with the devs! Your ideas are stupid! Rawrgh!"

"Ah! My spirit! It's dying!"

"Quick! Summon the Spirit of Creative Hope!"

"We can't, Sir. The beast has already killed his spirit."

"What?! Everyone run!"
Back to top Go down

Elite Warrior

Elite Warrior
Ace Meteor Cometshark
Ace Meteor Cometshark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:27 am

Oli and Dane yes Wilt crahes our hope and dreams with his talk BUT what Wilt is sayinh is tru he wants the game bak and how hes saying it is not the best way but hes thinking about from cn's view (am i rite?)
Back to top Go down

Dragoon

Dragoon
Dragoongamer86
Dragoongamer86

FusionFall Name : Zane Sunboskov
Male Posts : 4292
FF Location : The little secluded island in Bravo Beach thinking

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:29 am

Ace the Legend wrote:
Oli and Dane yes Wilt crahes our hope and dreams with his talk BUT what Wilt is sayinh is tru he wants the game bak and how hes saying it is not the best way but hes thinking about from cn's view (am i rite?)
he could at least be nicer about it, and understand that WE UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS
Back to top Go down

Elite Warrior

Elite Warrior
Ace Meteor Cometshark
Ace Meteor Cometshark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 am

I know Dragoon just leave him alone
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 am

I act as nice as I need to be. I'm a college student, so I guess my humor and passion for expressing myself socially is going to be different from the most of the audience here. I'm just trying to give an honest, un-biased view of the situation as a whole. Additionally, I'm not even being cruel, judgmental, or hurtful in any way, at least in my opinion. I'm literally just saying how things are or are likely to be.
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:02 am

Well anyways guys, Wilt wasnt being ## in this thread. I was the one that initially asked him to lighten up. I think he's doing very well here.

It also falls upon the person responding to the other to make their point clear.
Wilt admitted that with the right circumstances, a revival would be possible . . . . . BUT ONLY WITH THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES.
It fell to me to make sure I put it across that I wasnt totally thinking that "this could work if we all work together wit the power of friendship!"

I like the possibility of it, I am always open to supporting such an Idea.........But I understand fully that the idea may never come to pass. Its called being an optimist.

You should always be open minded to see the view points of both sides reguardless if you like it or not.

Again, I think he's doing alright here.
Back to top Go down

Gloryangel
Gloryangel

FusionFall Name : Josie Gloryangel
Level : 17
Female Posts : 2654
FF Location : ♫ ♪ where the party's at ♪ ♫

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:21 am

Yeah wilt is just being a good voice of reason, sometimes things aren't all sunshine and rainbows, sometimes it's quite a bit more work than that

Honestly, fusionfall was awesome, i'm thankful for it, but i quit for a reason... it just wasn't as good as it used to be... though they did let it get too bad too quickly, if they kept it running it probably would have died an even more devistating death...

Maybe someday something will happen, but sometimes things are just meant for the memories in the end...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JordanRebecca

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 am

It seems he's lighten up now, but I'm watching you Aquazon... Always watching... LIES 
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?   Does anyone have any specific information on what happened? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have any specific information on what happened?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top