Xtreme FusionFall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FusionFall Home Of Legends

HomeHomeGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog inXFF 13+
Welcome to the Xtreme FusionFall Forum, new members are always welcome. Surprised
Check out the Website:
                    Xtreme-FusionFall.yolasite.com
No real email is required to join. If you do use a fake email, make sure it's hard to guess to prevent hacking. A real email will allow you to retrieve your account in the possible event that you forget your password. Any questions are welcome. Very Happy
Gallery
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. Empty
Social bookmarking

For 13 years of age and up.

We have our own skype group.
It is only for those that are in the +13 Confidential group.

FusionFall Fan Sites
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Latest topics
» OpenFusion (FusionFall) Install Tutorial
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» Adventure Rock (CBBC) - Game similar to FusionFall
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» OpenFusion (FusionFall Server Demo)
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Do we have a Discord?
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm by supercody

» There are lies in here. And some artwork.
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Xtreme Facelift coming......eventually
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:25 am by Tentegen

» Palette Pics
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 am by BeccaNighteon

» Been a while huh?
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am by Tentegen

» Retro's Easter Event
[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 am by Oli Zombieweasel

Share | 

[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. Empty
PostSubject: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Mark Cerny’s awesome little project for the PS4, which I may say looks incredible. Was the first game to be showcased on the lengthy 2 hour PS4 announcement, and this was deliberate. Mr. Yoshida the President of Sony Worldwide Studios explains why!

[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. Tumblr_minlw0NUUf1s63ovdo1_500

Yoshida said that “we hate to see all the PS4 games being FPS or action-adventure or very photorealistic” and how he would like to keep his distance from “big-budget blockbuster games.”

He went on to say “We know that people like these games, but these are not the only kinds of games that people can have fun with”(Talking about blockbuster games)

Now believe it or not, the project of Knack was started all the way back in 2008, even before the PS Vita. Obviously, both projects were worked on at the same time.

Funily enough, the Idea for Knack came from Cerny’s beastly track record back in the year ’96 through to 2000. Guess who Im talking about? Yes! Crash Bandicoot. Cerny asked “What about a Crash Bandicoot for PS4?” and after many concepts and a bit of translation issues later, Knack was born. There are clearly some similarities in them, but it isn’t a Crash Bandicoot game, is it?

This little dude seems to be the PS4′s cute little mascot, which brings me onto a question for you! Who is your favourite Playstation mascot? Crash Bandicoot? Knack? Kevin Butler? I have opened a poll here for you to vote! Although Crash Bandicoot is nearly 18 years old, he still is one of the greatest mascots there are.

Bill Gates also voiced what he thought about the knack game. He replied with “What’s this Knack game? Is it some kind of FPS? FPS is the way foward for Xbox! Or kinect. “

Back to top Go down

Dragoon

Dragoon
Dragoongamer86
Dragoongamer86

FusionFall Name : Zane Sunboskov
Level : 36
Male Posts : 4292
FF Location : The little secluded island in Bravo Beach thinking

PostSubject: Re: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 pm

well i'm glad to see that SOME people want to move away from the FPS genre, it's trite, and overused, anyway, i haven't really seen anything about Knack, but if it's a platformer, or something like that, then i like it Bloo Dance
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm

My favourite PS mascot? None of them. Spyro! But I like Crash, too. Although I've only played Crash Bandicoot, Crash 2, CTR: Crash Team Racing, Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity and Crash Tag Team Racing. And that's as many Crash games as Spyro games that I've played.

Then again, I own 6 Spyro games and 3 Crash games. Crash 2 was played at school (During some kind of thing that went on every Tuesday for about a year), I sold my copy of WoC and CTTR was my friend's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

Dragoon

Dragoon
Dragoongamer86
Dragoongamer86

FusionFall Name : Zane Sunboskov
Male Posts : 4292
FF Location : The little secluded island in Bravo Beach thinking

PostSubject: Re: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm

oh forgot, my favorite mascot, well, since i never did get to "truly" experience crash and spyro, i'd have to go with 1 of the PS2 mascots, and that would be...Sly Cooper, no doubt, i mean, he's literally the only 1 of the 3 mascots to not ever be messed up in it's rise to another console Cute
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:14 pm

The PS2... My 2nd favourite console...

[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. Coop_n17
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.   [PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers. Empty

Back to top Go down

[PS4] Why was Knack Chosen To Be The First Game Showcased? Yoshida answers.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top