Xtreme FusionFall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FusionFall Home Of Legends

HomeHomeGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog inXFF 13+
Welcome to the Xtreme FusionFall Forum, new members are always welcome. Surprised
Check out the Website:
                    Xtreme-FusionFall.yolasite.com
No real email is required to join. If you do use a fake email, make sure it's hard to guess to prevent hacking. A real email will allow you to retrieve your account in the possible event that you forget your password. Any questions are welcome. Very Happy
Gallery
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 Empty
Social bookmarking

For 13 years of age and up.

We have our own skype group.
It is only for those that are in the +13 Confidential group.

FusionFall Fan Sites
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Latest topics
» OpenFusion (FusionFall) Install Tutorial
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» Adventure Rock (CBBC) - Game similar to FusionFall
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» OpenFusion (FusionFall Server Demo)
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Do we have a Discord?
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm by supercody

» There are lies in here. And some artwork.
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Xtreme Facelift coming......eventually
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:25 am by Tentegen

» Palette Pics
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 am by BeccaNighteon

» Been a while huh?
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am by Tentegen

» Retro's Easter Event
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 am by Oli Zombieweasel

Share | 

Recent Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

Level : 0
Male Posts : 456

PostSubject: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

PLEASE NOTE: The following post is quite large, so if you are seriously replying to it, please read it in full before your response is posted.

Alright, I'm ready to put everything I have on the table. I'm sure many of you here would be very interested in FusionFall coming back, or for someone to remake it, as many are trying to do. I'm very willing to attempt the impossible, as I tried before-hand with Project: Revive. So, I'm propositioning something similar. Please, make it a conscious effort to read this whole thing before replying.

I am NOT suggesting we group together to remake FusionFall. I am NOT suggesting we try to create my idea for an expansion. I am suggesting we take a lot of time out of OUR days in order to replicate a small portion of features from FusionFall. This involves player creation and saving, naming, loading player data, logins, and perhaps most importantly getting an online game in an area where people could potentially use nanos, emotions, communicate, go through their inventory, trade, talk to NPCs, use the bank, the list goes on.

One of the most important things here would be teamwork. For too often have I seen these little groups of fans try to come together, with literally no direction, planning, or basic structure to what their trying to do. This will not be a group of fans in chaos, this will be a group of peers using their individual talents to work toward a common goal. This means constant involvement of all parties included.

This brings me to most important part, you guys. We have to work together, and we have to have individuals responsible for certain areas of construction. This means we need coders, modellers, texture artists, animators, Unity-savvy workers, in order for anything to get done. This is the first step, and if I can't fill some positions with people that can actually do quality work, then the whole thing won't work. The most important and intimidating thing on that list is likely the coder(s). I know of one person that may have enough knowledge to help us get by, should he choose to join us. When I say coder, I mean experienced and knowledge-able, we don't need someone that knows a few terms here and there.

Communication will be a must, and all actions must be approved and understood by everyone. WE will be planning what WE are building and creating, as a team. Ideas will be shot down, ideas will be picked up, and compromise is likely. We have plenty of resources and knowledge to get this done in a great community effort, it's just going to take some hard work.

If you are interested in helping out, let me know, either by post or PM, what you would be interested in doing. Having some kind of resume of previous things you have done is a must. If you want to model, show some of the models you've made, if you want to be a promotional artist, I'll need to see some of your art. As of right now, I am the only member of the team, but as time goes on, Quality assurance will be brought through everyone.

If you don't feel like you have the skills required, apply anyway, and you may see yourself on the team in some way or another. If you're very sure you can't help in the technical department, we need this information spread. You can post about the idea in any medium you see fit, to any audience you feel may be willing to listen. We'd also like to hear your input should this continue and we get somewhere. If the general fanbase does not like what we're doing, we're going to re-evaluate everything, and make things work.

This is a huge step, and we need all the help we can get. Right now, I'm a decent modeller, decent texture artists, decent animator, and have worked with Unity. that by itself won't get us very far.

Again, if you feel you don't have the talent, but still want to help out, go pick up some experience. If you want to model objects, go download Blender for free, and look up some things on Youtube. It only took me a week or two to start making my own models from 0 experience.
best of luck, I'm hopeful for what the fan-base has to offer on a serious level.

Eva Beta has decided to dedicate his time to learning C#, so hopefully in due time, we'll have a at least one coder.

Last edited by Wilttilt on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Level : 36
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:48 pm

@Angel: That wasn't made by Wilt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah, that's "Project Revive 2.0," a group on Facebook. They basically took some demo scripts and animations and applied them to a character model, much like what I did for my original demo.
Back to top Go down

RETIRED Administrator

RETIRED Administrator
XLR8 147
XLR8 147

FusionFall Name : XLR8 147 + IRON 147
Male Posts : 5882
FF Location : Sector V [Future :D]

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:27 am

Wilttilt wrote:
They basically took some demo scripts and animations and applied them to a character model, much like what I did for my original demo.
*Eyes twitch*
Recent Thoughts - Page 3 119331

I tried doing that but I couldn't just swap models or anything; the demos
that I used were made in such a way that everything was complicated to reverse engineer.
This was years ago. Imagine now.
That person who made that game must have had luck finding a pretty good and
simple demo. Or one that had the scripts needed for the job.
The scripts I had...well... let's just say the 'third person controller' script wasn't very good
with any model I used... Seriously

If anyone *cough* Wilttilt *cough* knows where to download the right demo
that contains a good third person controller, let me know.
Well I guess I could just ask the guy on YouTube... Think
Back to top Go down
http://xtreme-fusionfall.yolasite.com https://www.youtube.com/xtremexdude

Angel Archer
Angel Archer

FusionFall Name : angel archer
Male Posts : 148
FF Location : grinding the darklands ..'-'..!!!

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Oliver Zombieweasel wrote:
@Angel: That wasn't made by Wilt.
'-' i didnt mention it was wilts.

wilttilt wrote:

Yeah, that's "Project Revive 2.0," a group on Facebook. They basically took some demo scripts and animations and applied them to a character model, much like what I did for my original demo.
have you tried connecting with them?
Back to top Go down

SUDoKu
SUDoKu

FusionFall Name : Grim Luciusrockets, Zak Leeaura, Spike Amberblade
Male Posts : 524

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm

I don't fully understand the goal from the main post. Are you attempting something similar to FusionFall, or a game with no connection to CN? Honestly, if you are doing what I think you are, it may turn out to be FusionFall in the end anyway.
Back to top Go down

Fear The Great
Fear The Great

FusionFall Name : Fearless Wolfstone
Male Posts : 368
FF Location : The Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:10 am

SUDoKu wrote:
I don't fully understand the goal from the main post. Are you attempting something similar to FusionFall, or a game with no connection to CN? Honestly, if you are doing what I think you are, it may turn out to be FusionFall in the end anyway.
I cant speak for wilt but I assume it will be somewhat connected to fusion fall. But I don't know if he wants to make this an entire game. I just think he's gonna test his and others ability's to see if they can get somewhere and create something like a character creation system or something idk you'll have to ask him. But it's probably something close to that."Hopefully it goes well," said Morgan Freeman. Morgan Freeman  Troll Face
Back to top Go down

lingais
lingais

FusionFall Name : Byron Protoknight
Level : 37
Male Posts : 9
FF Location : Fusion Lairs (I've been there)

PostSubject: Ex-manager Project:Revive 2.0   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 am

Hey there guys i am the ex-manager of Project:Revive 2.0...
Yes basically this was the idea for us to recreate FusionFall,but unfortunately worse came to worse and thing went messed up...
All I can assure you guys is we also have a board of moderators that are serious about this matter and we have good supporters but we lack of 3D artists such as animation artists,texture artists,modeling artists,quality recheck artists and so on...

Yes some of you guys might wonder why I a freaking Ex-manager is talking about the group,i would gladly response to that by telling a little story(to whom this might interest)

The group started of by three members:Lingais(me~Manager),Omar(Director),Brandon(Admin)..
But since then we have grown and reached an amazing amount of members,120..
Alass not all of them are experienced only some of us were dedicated to this group to spend hours and hours to recreate this group and i would gladly say that we have come up with two Demos(currently closed beta) courtesy of our Animation Artist(Austin) and our Morpher(Todor).This is the reason why I stuck around and why I am writing this..Since things went havoc I decided to leave my position and vowed to come back if the Demo was good and not a total waste of time.They surprised me with the Closed Beta version of the Demo,I was beyond my expectations I look pretty good(well for closed beta that is)...

Anyways i would like to state that I shall support any groups that has the intentions of recreating the game that we all love and the reason why we are here,FusionFall..Well two is always better than one as i would say........

FusionFall:Project Revive 2.0~https://www.facebook.com/groups/445022638940085/
FusionFall:The Resurrection Forums~http://fusionfall-resurrect.forums-rpg.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:06 am

Since your ex-manager did you know anything about coding? I know wiltilt could use the help.

Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

FusionFall Name : Jazz "Mau" Taluring
Level : 21
Female Posts : 6296
FF Location : Sustained Panic

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 am

I took a look at You guys's facebook page. It seems like you guys are the REAL Deal! Very Happy How many of you guys are there? (EDIT: Wait. I just saw. 120 huh? Not bad at all!)

Even if it ISNT FusionFall........I know using the files to learn and build off of to create a game inspired by FusionFall will definetly make for a great gaming experience!

Your forums look empty though. Are you guys organized though?
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfalltagforce.webs.com/

Fire Fist Nova

Fire Fist Nova
ZFistAce
ZFistAce

FusionFall Name : Nova galacticboomer
Male Posts : 506
FF Location : Anime Land

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Ah so the Facebook community of fufa is doing this? to be honest I'm kinda apart of them but i only am apart of them becuz of a new game I play but it sounds interesting to see
Back to top Go down
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/novagalacticbommer

Tech Support

Tech Support
Wilttilt
Wilttilt

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 am

It seems their "animation artist," downloaded some sample scripts of an advanced movement set, unlike that of FusionFall's. There seems to have been little to no actual coding adjustments made to any of the scripts. Unfortunately, it appears as though the only things that I could see of any real potential, at least in the version I played, was the use of Unity, and character rigging. I'm pretty sure the animations came with the example script.
Back to top Go down

GrumpMySheep
GrumpMySheep

FusionFall Name : Grumpy Druidsheep
Male Posts : 869

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Sadly most of the people here who said they'd do something to help haven't done a thing. Only one journal entry was made in devart to help get people's attention to get more help, heck the so called artists haven't made any art to promote this either. People who said they'd watch youtube videos to learn about this stuff also just ended up doing nothing. Makes me wonder how many of you are actually helping Wiltilt and Eva.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:15 pm

TheJournalist wrote:
Only one journal entry was made in devart to help get people's attention to get more help...
Of course, you mean Undelos. Even though I made one, too. Jelous 
Back to top Go down

RETIRED Administrator

RETIRED Administrator
XLR8 147
XLR8 147

FusionFall Name : XLR8 147 + IRON 147
Male Posts : 5882
FF Location : Sector V [Future :D]

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Wilttilt wrote:
Unfortunately, it appears as though the only things that I could see of any real potential, at least in the version I played, was the use of Unity, and character rigging. I'm pretty sure the animations came with the example script.
You know Wilt, it's a very good start for beginners to mess around
with pre-made scripts and such.
Think of it like bike stabilisers.
Then the ones willing to script can adapt and learn coding,
making better games and maybe teach others. (Yeah right.)

The creative ones will at least make fairly decent prototypes and expand their
creative potential in terms of map making, texturing, animating, etc.
It's really not a bad start. I would DEFINITELY encourage ANYONE
who:

-Wants to make a game
-Has time on their hands (i.e. not doing their SATs, GCSEs, A Levels, university degrees, etc.
any time soon)

to just get a simple Unity demo project that contains a decent third person controller
script (haven't found one of those in a while)
and just mess around in Unity. I started from scratch, not knowing the interface
to making OK pre-compiled script games (some still not finished)
within literally a week or two.
And I was about 13 or 14 if I remember correctly. Just imagine
if EVERYONE (who had the time obviously) could start like that?
Where would we be in several months? Doing pretty ok, I'd say. Very Happy

If I had time, I would go about trying to compile a project template to make
it easier for beginners. Creativity comes in many forms.
You can't rush things like that.
But I know what you mean, coding is important, but it is not the only thing.
And everyone has to start from somewhere. Yep 

TheJournalist wrote:
Makes me wonder how many of you are actually helping Wiltilt and Eva.
I seriously would help if I had all the time in the world.
But I don't. Education comes first. See ya in 5 years! Just kidding.  What a Face
I only have time on Thursdays and even then it's miniscule and I don't have the motivation.
If I did have time, I would probably *TRY* to get all sorts of things done
even if they were at a substandard level of quality.

-Making maps. (Either in Blender, Google Sketchup, Unity or in 3D modelling/sculpting software.)
-Making textures. (In graphics software such as Gimp or Photoshop.)
-Making 3D models. (Blender, Google Sketchup, etc.)
-Drawing concept art/promotional art. (Either digital or on paper.)
-3D animation, rigging, model modification. (Blender.)
-Making music/soundtracks. (I have a keyboard, electric guitar and obviously digital software, e.g. Fruity loops.)
-Making prototype projects. (Basically, unpolished projects that more qualified people
in certain fields, could improve, such as coders, as I am not a coder/scripter.)

I think the reason MOST people can't help is either:

-Can't be bothered/don't care/hesitating to act/have little faith in the project/other projects in general.
-Don't know how. (Most likely one as far as I can guess from the thread's responses.)
-Lack of available time. (My reason.)
-Forgot.

Last edited by XLR8 147 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://xtreme-fusionfall.yolasite.com https://www.youtube.com/xtremexdude

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Remember, FFJ, that I did helping by giving some ideas. LIES I did have another I think yesterday, but I forgot what it was. No Idea 
Back to top Go down

Mandark
Mandark

FusionFall Name : Mandark Acornant
Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Goodluck! Wink Just found this randomly lol.

Btw. I know kind of coders, but they aren't really interesting in helping, but I have asked them before about a couple of scripts. They mostly code in C++ and Java and I may get some Fusionfall-Like scripts. If I got some, how can I contact you or someone else to send the script?
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 am

You can post it here or send Wilt a PM. He gets on his account FusionFallCreations every so often so I can always send him a notification if you need something sent to him.

He's still on the hunt for those with talents willing to lend a hand for this project.

Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am

Wait a minute...? Why would Ty still be looking for talent when we have Mandark right here?
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am

Rolling Eyes Har har har.

Even Susan will mess up his own calculations from time to time.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 am

Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:16 pm

♫♪I did it....I did it...♪♫
I got it done!

Project R II Resource Page

I coulda swore wilt said other things to put on there....
The Resource page will be edited every so often, adding more helpful info, links, downloads, and whatever else that people will no longer use as an excuse for not having.

Feel free to check that over wilt and let me know if you know of anything else that needs to be added to that page.
Back to top Go down

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

NOW I remember Blender! LIES Late last year, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to make at least part of my own game. Since Unity wouldn't work, I looked around Google for an alternative that my piece-of-wood graphics card would handle. I then found Blender. Yeah Right 
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
UserIsUnkonwn
UserIsUnkonwn

FusionFall Name : Owen Faveninja
Male Posts : 99
FF Location : Darklands

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 pm

i could help make a website for the beta or demo using dreamweaver i found a internet hosting site and i could make the site upload it and people could check it out adn stuff but this is once the game creating has gotten somewhere but i'm willing to help not immediatley
www.zymic.com

Last edited by Le'Original♛ on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Tech Support

Tech Support
UserIsUnkonwn
UserIsUnkonwn

FusionFall Name : Owen Faveninja
Male Posts : 99
FF Location : Darklands

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm reading page one and like i have ideas and i have little expierence coding and scripting modeling isn't my thing i tried in Cinema 4D and failed but oliver's idea on page 1 and fear the greats seem  cool maybe we could put them together and idk maybe we shouldn't make the game all free yk so we have money to pay for things thats the only reason why FF failed cause they made the whole game free it made it less intresting because anyone could get to the past or future and gain things when it was paid it was limited and makes the game worth it to enthusiaist has anyone also brought up the legal issues with haveing CN Characters i mean lets look at the bigger picture
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Thoughts   Recent Thoughts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top