Xtreme FusionFall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FusionFall Home Of Legends

HomeHomeGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog inXFF 13+
Welcome to the Xtreme FusionFall Forum, new members are always welcome. Surprised
Check out the Website:
                    Xtreme-FusionFall.yolasite.com
No real email is required to join. If you do use a fake email, make sure it's hard to guess to prevent hacking. A real email will allow you to retrieve your account in the possible event that you forget your password. Any questions are welcome. Very Happy
Gallery
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! Empty
Social bookmarking

For 13 years of age and up.

We have our own skype group.
It is only for those that are in the +13 Confidential group.

FusionFall Fan Sites
free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

free forum

Latest topics
» OpenFusion (FusionFall) Install Tutorial
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:08 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» Adventure Rock (CBBC) - Game similar to FusionFall
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm by Oli Zombieweasel

» OpenFusion (FusionFall Server Demo)
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:59 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Do we have a Discord?
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm by supercody

» There are lies in here. And some artwork.
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 am by Oli Zombieweasel

» Xtreme Facelift coming......eventually
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:25 am by Tentegen

» Palette Pics
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 am by BeccaNighteon

» Been a while huh?
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am by Tentegen

» Retro's Easter Event
Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 am by Oli Zombieweasel

Share | 

Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tentegen
Tentegen

FusionFall Name : Jazz "Mau" Taluring
Level : 21
Female Posts : 6296
FF Location : Sustained Panic

PostSubject: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! Expendables-3-teaser-cover

In case anyone wondered why I wasnt on here.

It was awesome!

Instead of being just a cameo this time, Arnold actually was a pivotal character to the plot. Lots of explosions, comedy between the different actors. Granted, the previous Expendables werent in this movie all that strongly until the end but that was because of the general Idea behind the movie: they were getting old.

Stallone was the main director of this movie and I figure he thought that this new installation was going to be about showcasing the new future action stars.

Cool concept that I can respect.

All in all, I think you guys will like it.

Except for X.
He'll love it.

Just looked up a review of the movie. It the reason why I hate reviews and critics.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/the-expendables-3-antonio-banderas-saves-saggy-middle-reviewtrailer/

There arent any spoilers in this review but what they complain about most is that the middle of the movie is boring and they dont get why Kelsey Grammar was in the movie.

Me?

Who cares!?

The middle was just to introduce the new blood that was hired for the new mission. If it was any shorter, the Idiots would THEN be complaining that they werent introduced in a way for the audience to care about the characters.
We Know what each specializes in, we know what their personalities roughly are, and we know where they came from. I swear, if they know so much about flipin' movies, they need to go make one of their own so they can show everyone ELSE how to be perfect. Glare 

As far as the Kelsey Grammar part, So what? Actors cant change their image?

Daniel Radcliffe has been the face of Harry potter for years. Are they trying to say that he's not worthy to star as a new action hero? Be in comedy? He already Party crashes random places............so why not?
They say Kelsey Grammar is really only known for his comedy acting. However, he was the bad guy in Transformers 4. I think he has earned the right to go into whatever genre he wants.

Im not a angry fan. I'm a fan of equal opportunity.

NO actor wants to be type cast. (Radcliffe as Harry potter, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine)
I peronally enjoy seeing an actor play a role in which they are not known for.

Its a new interesting look to them as well as making me feel certain that they have some diversity in their acting and can be hired to play more roles than their comfort zone.

For the next Expendables, I elect:

@ Liam Neeson

@ Michael Jal White

and. . . . .

Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! Radcliffe  Sure Lol
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfalltagforce.webs.com/

RETIRED Administrator

RETIRED Administrator
XLR8 147
XLR8 147

FusionFall Name : XLR8 147 + IRON 147
Level : 36
Male Posts : 5882
FF Location : Sector V [Future :D]

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 7:00 pm

GrandMaster Rex wrote:
...I hate reviews and critics.

...I swear, if they know so much about flipin' movies, they need to go make one of their own so they can show everyone ELSE how to be perfect. Glare

Just to mention, this film is not suitable for children. We're not responsible lalalaalalaaa.

And Undelos....this is genius.
All those critics SHOULD make their own movies.
Of course not all critics are stuck up snobs each with an irrational analysis of all films they review.
But it's subjective so, apart from being rude and illogical, sometimes
you can't really say the critics are the bad guys so to speak.

I've said many times "THAT MOVIE IS TRASH! GARBAGE! RUBBISH! DISGUSTING! DISTASTEFUL! IDIOTIC!"
When most of the time it was truthfully more like "it could have been good but just a few
scenes ruined it for me." Or "It's not my cup of tea because I want action, not this girly stuff disguised
as 'neutral media'."
Or something else. Although sometimes a movie really is THAT bad. Troll Face

When I make a 'movie' (truthfully I've never made a proper movie in my life,
I've never found the motivation to make a complete film with full editing and scripting, etc.)
I would get annoyed if someone was like "HA! That movie was laaaaame!"
you know....because it's not constructive, it's rude and it's unfair, especially since
I would put at least some of my time and effort into it.

But IMAGINE how it's like if you spent REAL MONEY on it,
risking bankruptcy, spending months and lots of collective effort on it.
I don't mean big pocket money. I mean millions. Seriously  Seriously
Then the team would be even more hurt probably.
Although you could argue that it's a big team
that works on big movies and they kinda share and dilute the criticism
and individuals are behind a commercial barrier or something.
"It was the studio's fault! Not mine!" Or whatever.
But still. Harsh criticism is worse than useless. So shame on those people
who aren't fair.

And then there are times the critic may just not see things,
pay too much attention to certain things and not enjoy the movie,
be biased, be payed to say certain things and ignore others,
might have been feeling ill despite a deadline or something, etc.

In my right mind, I could give a decent analysis as I go.
(Probably watch and enjoy the movie first and then 2nd time, as I go, note down
what I liked and didn't like...shot by shot or at least scene by scene.)
But due to my memory/attention span/desire to actually enjoy the film rather
than pick it apart.....I'd be pretty useless reviewing
a movie as I watch 1st time round. I'd forget lots of things that happened.
Also, sometimes I just can't put in words what I feel about something.

E.g. The Avengers movie -- I couldn't put my finger on
why I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything
that challenged your mind, etc. But I realised simply the fact
the heroes were in the same place, talking to each other, the drama
between them (e.g. the science 'bros' Tony Stark and Bruce Banner)
and the emotions when they were told a certain character died. (Don't want to spoil for those
who haven't seen The Avengers.)

And there are times when even I nitpick.
But not that much. It's only if a shot completely annoys me
to the point I would not buy a physical copy of the DVD or whatever
just because it HAS to play every time I watch it, unless of course I skip it
by fast forwarding.

Sometimes things like major stupidity, grossness, nastiness, (e.g. feeling TOO sorry
for a character because he's killed in a nasty way or has nasty consequences, etc.)
or gore ruins movies for me sometimes.
Like if it were just taken out, I'd give it a much higher score.
You know, the kinda scenes that if they were taken out, the movie
would be closer to your heart...........(well you know what I mean...maybe not that strongly....)

But nitpicking like when some people say "Spider-man 3 was bad because
emo Peter" ....I don't get that.
It was funny. It wasn't gross. It wasn't nasty. It wasn't uncomfortable.
I actually thought the major flaws of Spider-Man 3 instead were things like
a really dark colour palette, Sandman was boring until the end when we finally saw his
rational side, Venom had little screen time, etc.
But the story wasn't bad, not really. I still thought it was good or above. Smile

I think we need more movie discussion threads. Seriously

EDIT: Hmmm.....long post, sorry.  Misery
Back to top Go down
http://xtreme-fusionfall.yolasite.com https://www.youtube.com/xtremexdude

Gloryangel
Gloryangel

FusionFall Name : Josie Gloryangel
Level : 17
Female Posts : 2654
FF Location : ♫ ♪ where the party's at ♪ ♫

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Sorry...
Harry potter will always be harry potter  No Idea 

But that new harry potter movie coming out?
Harry Potter and the What If

... lol see what i did there?
I actually think that looks cute...

But i would never call Hugh jackman "wolverine" ... that would just not be right...
He's jean valjean

Duh  No Idea 

Anyways, back on topic...
I've never seen any of the expendables xD
But i'm pretty behind on movies...

My boyfriend is trying to fix me...
For the 6 years we've known each other he's been making me watch movies he likes xD
And he is very picky,
So even that is still a limited selection...

He'd be a good movie critic, because i understand why he's picky (he actually does want to be a director)
But if he was people wouldn't necessarily agree, and sometimes i don't either...
Movies are just in the eyes of the beholder...

For example,
I'll admit Guardians of the Galaxy was a pretty bad superhero movie...
The villian was lame
It just kinda all was cheesy and lame

YET

I would definitely see it again!
I enjoyed myself and laughed lots!
I thought it was hilarious and i loved the music choice and the main characters...

It all just depends  No Idea 

When it comes down to it,
It's just

"do you think your money was well spent?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JordanRebecca

Tech Support & MOD

Tech Support & MOD
Oli Zombieweasel
Oli Zombieweasel

FusionFall Name : Oli Zombieweasel
Male Posts : 13322
FF Location : Aionios

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Eh... I dunno. As long as it's a BIT funny. Action-comedies are my favourite. Razz Right now, I want to save up my money for Night at the Museum 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fusionfallhandt.wordpress.com

GrumpMySheep
GrumpMySheep

FusionFall Name : Grumpy Druidsheep
Male Posts : 869

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:14 am

I don't go to movie theaters anymore.
Back to top Go down

supercody4039

supercody4039
supercody
supercody

FusionFall Name : Cody Druidbourne
Male Posts : 489
FF Location : Forsaken Valley :D

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 am

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy the other day. It was a good movie. 
I don't care for the Expendables that much though, but that's just me.  No Idea

I also can't wait for Night at the Museum 3 too.
Back to top Go down

Zeroknight

Zeroknight
Zero Knight
Zero Knight

Level : 1000
Male Posts : 4671
FF Location : Rodeo

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 pm

lol idk... top reviews say it suck. I stick with it.
I saw expandables 1 and 2. both pretty terrible.
besides the oh so much explosions.
no memorable characters or story.

now guardians of the galaxy has to be hands down one of the best movies evar. seriously its like a action, comedy, highly memorable and awesome plot.
I thought the movie guardians of the galaxy was gonna be terrible. it got some of the best reviews ever for a marvel movie it was a major success. I thought it was going to be cheesy and dumb. But when you walk out the threater you leave with a smile on your face. Smile

by the way x... most rating movie sites have actually top-rated critics meaning if you know a good movie, ( good acting, plot, etc good explanation why its good or bad) these guys wont steer you wrong. of course there is the amateur critic noobs...
Back to top Go down

hom
hom

FusionFall Name : hom choi
Male Posts : 3753
FF Location : home.

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:12 pm

the first ones sucked so eh
Back to top Go down

Zeroknight

Zeroknight
Zero Knight
Zero Knight

Level : 1000
Male Posts : 4671
FF Location : Rodeo

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 pm

ya. Its just one of those movies with lots of famous actors (didnt say good actors hint hint) and lots of explosions and action.
pretty bad if you ask me.
If they changed it in expendables 3 than I would have probably heard about it right now and I have not heard anyone say
dude u watching expendables?? omg awesome sauce
lol no they are just like lol 1 and 2 both sucked who would watch 3 well of course unless you like movies with nonsense explosion and brain dead action like shooting down a chopper pilot with 1 pistol shot like wut
but hey im not wastin el moolah xd
Back to top Go down

Tentegen
Tentegen

FusionFall Name : Jazz "Mau" Taluring
Level : 21
Female Posts : 6296
FF Location : Sustained Panic

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm

1 and 2 were a bit stale. Cant really remember what they were all about. especially 2. I know in 1 they went to go save this one girl, Christmas beat up this one dude that was abusing his ex girlfriend and Terry Crews was really awesome.

Thats about it.

However, with this one Mel Gibson really stands out as a memorable bad guy.
His performance really gives the audience something to take away from the movie.

I think Jean Claude Van Damme was the villian in the second one......but I cant really recall his presence in it over time. Mel just sinks in his role and gets crazy methodical with it  and really does leave a lasting impression on you. The test with these actors is the fact that they are Type casts as their own name.

You see Arnold and you say, "Hey look, its arnold."

You see Jason Statham and you say, "Oh cool, Statham just stabbed that dude"

Their true test is to become more than their name.........and become their characters. This should be their ultimate goal as Actors and would truly prove them to be a true master of their profession.
Mel passed this test with flying colors. He played an unstable methodical villian. He did more to flesh out Conrad Stonebanks and show that he is a villian that shouldn't be under estimated.

Antonio Banderas also passed this test. Within a short ammount of time of him being on the screen, he became someone completely different, taking on the role as Galgo, a very talkative Ex Spanish Arms Forces solider just looking for another reason to get back to what he does well.

It is him and Mel that steal the scene whenever they are on screen. The Audience was just busting out in laughter at Galgo's scenes. I was hoping that he was going to be put in the movie sooner but oh well.

I wouldnt take the word of EVERY critic all the time. I tend to be really forgiving when it comes to enjoying movies and if it entertains me........then it is a good movie. After all. isnt that a movie's job?

If I were you, just give it a try. I like to think that this 3rd one offers a bit more than the last 2.  Yep 
Back to top Go down
http://fusionfalltagforce.webs.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!   Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend! Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to go see The Expendables lll this weekend!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top